Monday, July 20, 2009

An Evergreen Forest is What We Need..

This is something I was given, clearly to share. It sounds a little rough, so please, offer suggestions.. :)

Evergreen

What is this life, should we really be trying?
To do something here if we’ll just end up dying.

What can we do that would leave quite a mark,
Enough to ignite from just one tiny spark.

There’s got to be something, that’s why we are here:
To serve the Lord’s purpose and draw others near.

I’ve got to be willing to trust in His will,
I must run the next mile, climb the next hill.

I give you my life and ask that you please,
Allow me to live like the evergreen trees.

To live all year round and not just in season,
Your Son as my light, I need but one reason.

Help me to do the work that you’ve planned,
Mold me and guide me with your perfect hands.

Lead me beside the sleeping, still waters,
Teach to love all your sons and your daughters.

Lord, Jesus, I trust that you hear my prayer,
For you are my God, and you’re everywhere.

Father I pray that you hear my hearts cry,
I want to serve you til the day that I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment